Anyone who served at least one day on active duty since December 7, 1941 and was honorablye discharged is eligible to join The American Legion.
IMPORTANT: EVERYONE MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF
DD 214 OR DISCHARGE.
Click on above logo WHY YOU SHOULD BELONG
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following to the Post Adjutant. They can be brought to one of our meetings or mailed to:
Commander, Mary Ellen Piotrowski Post 94
Department of Arizona, The American Legion
PO Box 5447
Sun City West, AZ 85376
1. Complete American Legion Membership application.
Print two (2) completed copies. Keep one copy for your records. Mail the other copy to above address, together with your dues payment. (Dues amount on application). Applications are also available at the Post.)
2. A copy of your discharge document showing type of discharge. (If you need a copy, click this link to get your DD214.)
3. Membership Dues Payment (amount Shown on application). Make checks payable to "The American Legion POST 94".
4. If the information is correct, membership will be approved and a membership card will be mailed to you.
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
1. Completed Member Data Form.
2. A copy of your discharge document showing type of discharge.
3. Copy of current membership card.
4. Membership dues payment, if current year dues are not paid. If current dues are paid, please pay dues for next year's membership.
For any questions please contact our Post Senior Vice Commander or Post Adjutant, or stop at the Post.